Since the tea room is quite small with one table that seats 2 and a second table that seats 3, they do not take reservations and operate on a first come first serve basis. Luckily there was a table for 2 available when J and I arrived.
- Flight of seasonal preserves
- Buttermilk scones
- Clotted cream
- A choice of pour-over coffee or tea (including black, white & oolong, green, herbal).
The scones were warm and freshly made. They were arguably the best scones I’ve had – light, fluffy, and slightly crisp on the outside.
- Strawberries & Chocolate – chunky, quite sweet, reminds me of classic strawberry jam
- Banana & Bourbon & Vanilla Bean – if you are bananas about this fruit, this one is for you
- Sweet Orange & Honeyed Whisky – this marmalade has an intense orange burst
- Blackberry, Plum and Violet – chunks of berries and plum, with a slight hint of violet
We picked up a jar of Blackberry, Plum and Violet jam on our way out. Jam, jellies and marmalade are all handmade in small batches and free of preservatives. We were told that unopened, these artisan preserves have a shelf life of just over a year.
Overall, we really enjoyed the whole experience.
574 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M6R 1A6
Tuesday – Sunday : 10 am – 6 pm
Monday : Closed